May 20 Board Meeting Agenda
1. Call to Order – Gary Sharrett, Board President
2. Review of Minutes – Gary Sharrett
a. March 25 Board Meeting. Please see minutes emailed by Marybeth Sears. After review please send an email to Marybeth and Flory approving or modifying the minutes. Vote will be by voice. You will sign when we reconvene.
b. April 6 Board Meeting. Please see minutes emailed by Marybeth Sears. After review please send an email to Marybeth and Flory approving or modifying the minutes. Vote will be by voice. You will sign when we reconvene.
c. May 13 Board Meeting /Territory Hearing. Please see minutes and agenda emailed by Marybeth Sears. After review please send an email to Marybeth and Flory approving or modifying the minutes. Vote will be by voice. You will sign when we reconvene.
3. Fire Territory – Trustee Florence May
a. Hearings: First hearing complete. Second hearing on May 27. Third hearing and Vote on June 17.
b. Interlocal and Manpower discussion with Towns
c. Next Steps: Working with MVCSC on understanding the school impact.
4. Vernon Township Fire Department – Chief Chad Abel and Kiely Culberson
a. Fire and EMS Runs to date VTFD working on this. Report status.
b. Apparatus analysis
c. VTFD Fire Corps – Ray Hashley
d. Ambulance updates: Purchase. Back up plans. Lucas Device.
c. Ambulance Fees Analysis and Recommendations – No fees presently for lift assists. Approximately 30% of VTFD runs.
– Non-resident fees should be raised. Run # to Meijer is largely non-resident.
– Clarifying SOR and Non-Transport. Intended by needs to be addressed for COVID 19.
– Discussion of Green Township (Madison Cty) resident vs non-resident rate. Concerns from Towns of McCordsville and Fortville that Green Township doesn’t pay the same rate so should they receive the same benefit.
d. Vote on implementing Lift Assist fees (see chart)
e. Vote on Raising Non-Resident fees (see chart)
f. Clarification of SOR and Non- Transport category (see chart).
g. Vote on Green Township receiving resident or non-resident fee status.
h. Antibody testing process.
i. Station #3 Warranty Walk-through on May 20th.
k. Officer structure Update
5. Finance – Deputy Trustee Amanda Fronek
a. Salary Resolution-Officer Pay Adjustment (VOTE)
b. 2021 Budget Timeline and Actions
– Budget Workshops coming up
– October Budget Adoption Schedule
c. Financial Donations & Expenditures d. McCordsville Volunteer Contract Status
e. Capital Asset Threshold Discussion
6. Grants Update – $2 million plus in grant applications Florence May/Amanda Fronek
a. AFG (FEMA Equipment) and Firehouse Sub’s Grants are Pending Decision b. SAFER (FEMA Manpower) and Fire Training Grant Submission on May 15 c. EMS Training Grant – Drafting d. Other
7. Township Assistance/Community Engagement – Stacy Nielsen
a. Partner Programs
– May 2: Pack the Pantries More than 500 bags of food donated. – June 6: Connecting Community Resources
– July 18: Connecting Community Resources
b. Year to Date Summary/ 2019 Comparison
c. Present Online TA Operations and Reopening
d. Evictions & Disconnects- Waiting on Governor’s Order
e. Community Garden- Planting in process
f. Flag Pole Status- Flag & Banner company repairing and replacing
g. VTFD Meal train
h. Other 8. Tornado Siren Update – Florence May
– Weekly updates from Wendy Justice, waiting for equipment and service date
9. Parks – Florence May/Stacy Nielsen
a. Old School Park – McCordsville Discussion
b. Hampton Parks
– Bleacher replaced and pad cleaned. Thank you, Fronek family.
– Fence Status – Bryan Swift
c. League Use Update: 4 Leagues. Fee status. Addition Shockwaves.
10. Property Donations – Florence May
a. Safety Trailer (Received) – Thank you to Sugar Creek Fire Department.
b. Bike Racks (Pending Delivery) – Thank you to Indianapolis Metro Development, Town of McCordsville and Indy Parks for assistance.
11. Meeting Adjournment – Gary Sharrett