Updated: Apr 3, 2020
The Vernon Township Board Meeting will proceed as advertised on March 25 at 6:00 p.m. The board meeting will be limited to only items that are critical for operations and/or have potential implications if not addressed.
UPDATE: Join the Board Meeting via Hangouts Meet at meet.google.com/qwc-zcfp-nzy for video. Call by phone +1 669-220-6512 (PIN: 220354620) for audio. Agenda Items:
1. Fire Cum Fund Vote on the Cum Fund at this meeting or we will not make the May deadline for the fund that allows us to buy equipment. The Fire Cum Fund has been advertised twice as required. Replacement equipment is critical at this time although we are not required to make expenditures if alternate funding options become available.
2. Township Assistance Revised Resolution and Policy for COVID 19 SBOA has given broad guidance on Township Assistance during the COVID 19 outbreak. Vernon Township will follow state guidelines in providing Township Assistance in this time of COVID 19 and hereafter. The key is to minimize risk to our staff and continue with high degree of due diligence. The resolution and updated policies will be posted on the Vernon Township website at www.vernontownship.us, linked to the Vernon Township USA facebook page and posted at the Vernon Township office at 700 W. Broadway, Fortville.
3. MOU and Specifications for Tornado Siren Hook up for the Hancock County monitoring system. Hancock County has agreed to fund the connection. They can’t move forward without approval of the MOU with Vernon Township, Town of Fortville (approved) and Town of McCordsville.
4. AFG Federal Procurement Policy and MOU w/ Sugar Creek Fire Department Both items need a vote in order to receive Federal Funding for replacement equipment including air packs.
5. Parks Additional Appropriation Advertised as required for parks maintenance and improvements. We will only spend required dollars in the next few months. Parks have not been closed as of 3/19/2020; however, leagues are shutting down. The appropriation will allow us to move quickly in the summer/fall if we see a fast recovery.
Vernon Township Board Meeting Minutes – August 2022
Vernon Township Board Meeting Minutes – July 2022
Vernon Township Board Meeting Minutes – June 2022