Vernon Township Board
December 13, 2021
Timothy Plank called to order the regular meeting of the Vernon Township Board on December 13, 2021 at the Fortville Community Center, 400 W. Church Street, Fortville IN.
The Following persons were in attendance; Timothy Plank, Gary Sharrett, Marybeth Sears, Trustee Florence May, Tara Conley, Beth Marsh, Deputy Chief Mark Elder, VTFD Chief Chad Abel.
- Approval of minutes from last meeting
Marybeth Sears presented the minutes from the November 8, 2021 Board Meeting. Gary Sharrett made the motion to approve the minutes as presented, Marybeth Sears seconded the motion. The motion carried 3-0.
- Finance and Administration
- Beth Marsh explained the third quarter financials to the Board, Beth stated that there was no need to do any Budget Category Transfers at this time. The Township will need to do an encumbrance of funds in January for upcoming cemetery and fire needs.
- Adjustment of Pay was made for Deputy Trustee Stacy Nielsen as she had performed extra duties for a period of time.
- 2022 Budget
- Growth Appeals have been approved for Vernon Township and Fire Territory. The combined total of the Township and the Fire Territory Appeals was $75,830.00.
- 1782 Notice was signed and submitted and the 2022 Budget is approved, budget approved for $17,000.00 more than was submitted.
- Bond Schedule was submitted to Gateway on 12/01/2021.
- Staff Evaluations and updated Job Descriptions are now in process.
- Vernon Township Salary Resolution 2021-12-13a was presented to the board for approval. Gary Sharrett made the motion to accept Resolution 2021-12-13a, Marybeth Sears seconded the motion. The motion carried 3-0.
- Insurance EFT payments are part of the benefit package for the career fire fighters.
- The 2022 Medbill Fee Schedule for EMS Services was presented to the board by Deputy Chief Elder. The only change to the schedule form is the elimination of Green Township Resident fee. Green Township will now be categorized and billed as Non-Residents. Gary Sharrett made the motion to approve the 2022 Medbill Fee Schedule as presented, Marybeth Sears seconded the motion. The motion carried 3-0.
- Deputy Chief Elder presented to the Board the need to purchase a new UCAPIt Machine in the amount of $20,640.65 from the Supply Budget, and a new Cardiac Monitor in the amount of $31,976.00, the funds will come from the VTFD Operating Budget. Marybeth Sears made the motion to approve the purchase of the UCAPIt machine, Gary Sharrett seconded the motion. The motion carried 3-0. Marybeth Sears made the motion to approve the purchase of the Cardiac Monitor, Gary Sharrett seconded the motion. The motion carried 3-0.
- Vernon Township’s SBOA Audit final exit meeting will be December 16, 2021 at 8:30 am.
- Internal Controls Policy will be brought before the board for a vote in January.
- Gary Sharrett made the motion to Reaffirm the Nepotism Policy that was presented to the Board in 2019, Marybeth Sears seconded the motion. The motion carried 3-0. The 2021 Policy Certifications were signed by the Board and Trustee at the meeting.
- Renewal of McCordsville Volunteer Stations Lease for 2022 was presented to the Board for approval. Marybeth Sears made the motion to accept the Lease as presented, Gary Sharrett seconded the motion. The motion carried 3-0.
- 2022 Vernon Township and Vernon Township Fire Territory Meeting schedule was presented to the board.
- Beth Marsh of Bookkeeping Plus made a charitable donation in honor of her clients to Meals on Wheels of Central Indiana and to Mental Health Partners of Hancock County. Thank You so much from the Township and the Board for making this donation on our behalf, it is greatly appreciated and aligns with the vision of Vernon Township.
Timothy Plank adjourned the meeting at 8:54 pm. after a motion was brought by Gary Sharrett to adjourn and seconded by Marybeth Sears. The motion carried 3-0.
Minutes submitted by: Marybeth Sears, Board Secretary
Minutes approved by:
Timothy Plank _______________________________________________
Gary Sharrett ________________________________________________
Trustee Florence May__________________________________________