Vernon Township Annual Meeting Minutes
February 15, 2022
Tim Plank called to order the regular meeting of the Vernon Township Board meeting at 5:32 pm on February 15, 2022 at the Fortville Community Center.
Gary Sharrett, Timothy Plank, Marybeth Sears, Trustee Florence May, Stacy Nielsen, Greg Brewer, Robert Holland, Jeff Augustinovisz, Tara Conley, VTFD Chief Chad Abel, Michael Reuter, Mark Elder, Cam Starnes, Beth Marsh.
Marybeth Sears presented the minutes from the January 04, 2022 Board meeting. Gary Sharrett made the motion to accept the minutes as presented, Marybeth Sears seconded the motion. The motion carried 3-0.
- Vernon Township Annual Meeting Presentations
- Florence May presented the Vernon Township Year in Review, 2021.
- Michael Reuter presented the 2021 Annual Financial Report and the 2022 Fiscal Plan for Vernon Township.
- Beth Marsh presented to the board the year end financials for 2021. Total funds encumbered to the 2022 budget was in the amount of $149,952.25. Breakdown of encumbered funds;
- #8604, UCapit machine; $20,640.65
- #8604, Stryker Cardiac Monitor; $31,976.60
- #0101, Stonehuggers Cemetery Restoration; $79,840.00
- #0101, ISF Signs, conversion of electric sign; $17,495.00
Gary Sharrett made the motion to accept the 2022 Annual Financial report as presented by Beth Marsh, Marybeth Sears seconded the motion. The motion carried 3-0.
- McCordsville Fire Station Update
- Cam Starnes brought updates on the Contract Agreement for the new station to be located in McCordsville, In, Disbursement Agreement from Bond Proceeds, Decision Points in PPA and the Consent to Move Forward.
- Architectural Design Presentation was brought to the Vernon Township and VTFPT Boards from DELV.
- Both the Vernon Township and the Vernon Township Fire Protection Territory were in agreement to move forward with the design of the McCordsville Fire Station.
- Fire Station Construction
- Mitch Hannum of Garmong Construction Services presented to the Vernon Township and VTFPT Boards the construction overview and timeline of the new station. He also presented the quote for the station construction and the next steps.
- Finance and Administrative items for Territory and Township
- EMS Chief Vehicle– Marybeth Sears made the motion to purchase a 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe, with the dollar amount not to exceed $30,000.00, Gary Sharrett seconded the motion, the motion carried 3-0. The Vehicle will be purchased from the Sugar Creek Township Fire Department.
- Hydraulic Rescue Equipment for E432-Gary Sharrett made the motion to purchase a set of Hurst Edraulic Tools in the amount of $29,950.00, Marybeth Sears seconded the motion. The motion carried 3-0.
- Special Equipment Fund Renewal-proposal to be presented to the Township Board for 36 airpac’s for an estimated amount of $608,000.00 at the March meeting. The cost includes air compressor, harnesses, masks and bottles.
- Adjournment-meeting adjourned at 8:10 pm by Timothy Plank after motion was made and seconded by Gary Sharrett and Marybeth Sears.
Trustee Florence May_______________________________