Vernon Township Board
January 04, 2022
Board President Timothy Plank called to order the regular meeting of the Vernon Township Board at 6:32 PM on January 04, 2022 at Fortville Community Building, 400 W. Church Street, Fortville, IN.
Marybeth Sears, Trustee Florence May, Jeffery Bellamy, Stacy Nielsen, Tim Plank and Gary Sharrett.
- Approval of minutes from last meeting
Marybeth Sears presented the minutes from December 13, 2021 Board Meeting. Marybeth Sears made the motion to approve the minutes, Gary Sharrett seconded the motion. The motion carried 3-0.
- Reorganizational Election
- Tim Plank was nominated by Gary Sharrett to remain Vernon Township Board President for the year 2022, Marybeth Sears seconded the motion. The motion carried 3-0.
- Marybeth Sears was nominated by Tim Plank to remain Secretary of the Vernon Township Board for the year 2022, Gary Sharrett seconded the motion. The motion carried 3-0.
- Marybeth Sears was nominated by Tim Plank to serve as the President of the Vernon Township Finance Board for the year 2022, Gary Sharrett seconded the motion. The motion carried 3-0. Tim Plank was nominated to serve as Secretary of the Vernon Township Finance Board for the year of 2022 by Gary Sharrett and seconded by Marybeth Sears. The motion carried 3-0.
- Township Audit Policies and Internal Controls
- Audit Report update was made by Trustee Florence May, the Audit came back clean with just a couple minor suggestions that the Township plans on implementing into the Internal Controls.
- Policy Updates
- Jeff Bellamy will be putting together a new Telework Policy for the Township to begin utilizing in regards to employees working from home.
- Vernon Township made no investments in the year 2021
- Conflict of Interests forms were signed by the Board Members for 2022.
- Property Management Update
- Stacy Nielsen reported to the Board that the fencing, gate had been repaired and tree had been cut down at Caudill-Simmons Cemetery. Helen Wildermuth from Stonehuggers Cemetery Restoration Resources will begin the cemetery restoration beginning in February or March depending on weather. The funds will be encumbered with the total amount of the restoration being $79,840.00.
- 602 Vitality Drive has had a key fob entry system installed. The locks unlock and lock according to different times of the day.
- Community Garden update, Township will be having a large joint meeting with various Community Partners at Mt. Vernon Administrative Building on January 31, 2022 to discuss future options for the Community Garden.
- Stacy Nielsen gave an update on the electronic sign and said that the vendor will have it made into a static sign within 6-8 weeks. The funds to repair the sign have already been approved by the Township Board.
- Township Assistance Update
- Township Assistance for the year totaled $16, 879.00. This amount was actually half of what the Township paid out in 2020, which was in the amount of $32,298.00.
- F.A.R.M. Food Pantry served 7326 families in the year 2021.
- Marybeth Sears made the motion to change the time of the 2022 Annual Financial Report to 5:30 PM, Gary Sharrett seconded the motion. The motion carried 3-0. All finances including Encumbrances and 100R will be discussed at the February 15, 2022 Annual Financial Report meeting.
- An anonymous donation in the amount of $200.00 was made in memory of Jack Rapp who served as a Fortville Volunteer Fireman at one time. The donation was placed into the Home Rule Donation Fund.
Board President Timothy Plank adjourned the meeting at 7:55 PM.
Minutes submitted by: Marybeth Sears
Minutes approved by:
President Timothy Plank__________________________________________
Trustee Florence May____________________________________________